May 2015 | Next Generation EHA
To ensure EHA’s mission of building health, self-reliant communities grows and thrives, we need to engage the next generation of leaders — locally and globally. Our team for this mission was composed of experienced medical professionals along with students from high school all the way to medical school. the team attended the formal inauguration of Gode Primary School — the renovated school sponsored by Katreena Salgado. Working with students from Ethiopia Adventist College, EHA Young Ambassadors launched the STAR Program, the first-of-its-kind Academic Coaching summer bootcamp for students from grades K – 4. EHA medical missionaries provided health screenings and treatment at Gode Health Center as well as life-saving surgeries at Adama Hospital.
- 100% completion of Staff Residences
- 85% completion of Negele Arsi Hospital
- 20% completion of Negele Arsi Health Center
- 15% completion of Negele Arsi Conference Center
- Begin development of health and food gardens
- Launch Academic Bootcamp, STAR Program at Gode Primary School
- Support 12 college scholars at Ethiopia Adventist College
- Support 5 medicine students at Adama Medical College
- 1000 patients treated at Gode Health Center
- 50 surgeries at Adama General Hospital
There’s something really rewarding about being able to help others with no expectation in return. It’s one thing to donate and raise money; but very different when you’re actually part of the team that delivers the care. It’s a very meaningful experience to actually meet the beneficiaries of the funds raised and personally be involved in the work.