2018 Missions to Ethiopia
Join An EHA Medical and Humanitarian Mission
Scroll down to select a mission
Congratulations and thank you for building HOPE in Ethiopia by becoming an EHA Medical Volunteer!
Please select a mission date that matches your schedule. For every mission, we try to consistently incorporate activities that focus on education, health and community engagement. We encourage families to participate. There is no better way to instill the values of compassion, service, gratitude and selflessness than by participating in an EHA mission. Because some mission activities require participants to work independently, report to different locations, or manage some tasks on their own, we recommend the starting age for minors to be 14 years and up. Our missions last an average of 10 to 12 days. When you have selected your mission, please click “SELECT” and complete the online form. We will notify you within 7 to 10 working days.
2018 Mission Dates
February 1 – 10, 2018
- Hospital Operations and Evaluation: Oversight and evaluation of operations, staffing and performance. Preparation for Annual mission teams
June 16 – 30, 2018
- Medical Mission: Inpatient and outpatient medical and surgical care; humanitarian assistance at Negele Arsi Hospital Medical College. Visit to primary school, high school and health center at Gode Village.
July 20 – 28, 2018
- Education mission with Gode Primary School STAR Summer Academic Bootcamp: Work with local high school and college students who will be coaching students from grades K – 8.
- Introduction to Robotics with STAR Pilot team: Highest performers will be part of a pilot robotics team, the first of its kind in the region.
August 24 – Sept. 8, 2018
Medical Mission at Negele Arsi Hospital / Gode Health Center / Gode Primary and High School
- plastic / reconstructive and trauma surgery
- in-patient and outpatient medical care
- education and patient care in Gode Village